Secure Login JIRA and Service Desk

PhilB January 5, 2016

Hello,

We are a platinum Atlassian Expert partner and are looking at your Secure Login JIRA add-on as a possible solution for a client of ours who wishes to have 2-factor authentication for access to their JIRA instance.

The client wishes to start using JIRA Service Desk for the external customer support portal but also uses JIRA for all of the internal processes.  They want internal staff members who access JIRA through the regular JIRA interface to be forced to provide 2-factor authentication when logging in from outside the firewall.  However, they do not want customers who are accessing JIRA Service Desk through the service desk portal to be forced to provide 2-factor authentication.

So, the question is, when Secure Login JIRA is installed does the JIRA Service Desk portal login screen (<base url>/servicedesk/customer/user/login?destination=portals) still require 2-factor authentication?

Thanks

Phil

4 answers

2 votes
Alexander Kueken January 6, 2016

Dear Phil,

thank you for your interest in Secure Login. We haven't tested yet, how Secure Login integrates into JIRA Service Desk. I could imagine the plugin already behaves like you want it, too. But I am not sure. If you give us a few days and provide us the version of JIRA and Service Desk your client uses, we will test it, in order to answer your question.

In case it is not working, with the next update it should be possible to do, what your client wants to do. After the request for a version of the plugin for confluence, the possibility to enable 2FA only for a subset of users, was the most requested feature. And we hope to provide this feature soon. I will keep you up to date about it here.

Regards,
Alexander

0 votes
Titus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2017

For JIRA Server and Service Desk, you can check out the benefits of our new 2FA JIRA add-on for two-factor authentication using your SecSign ID.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.secsign.secsignid/server/overview

For a more detailed installation tutorial visit
https://www.secsign.com/developers/atlassian/jira-two-factor-authentication/

0 votes
Atlassian Partner _Cententia_ November 25, 2016

Hi Alexander,

Any news about this?

Thanks.

Alexander Kueken December 1, 2016

The plugin integrates itself into the JIRA Core system, but not into the portal. This means, the second factor is only needed, when accessing the native JIRA interface.

Even if you have an registered second factro and you login over the portal, you are not asked for the PIN. The PIN validation does not show up, until you try to access the native interface. So the system delays the PIN validation until then, but there is also no security problem, as it does not matter which login interface you used.

Aggelos Paraskevopoulos _Cententia_ December 2, 2016

Hi Alexander,

thanks for the reply. Actually I've also discussed this a bit with Frank offline. Our customer's case requires the 2FA even in JIRA Service Desk's Customer Portal login route.

So the question for us is if this something the add-on could support at some point, or there are technical hurdles to this.

Thanks,

A.

0 votes
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

Hi, 

Can I know whether it integrates well into JIRA Service Desk for v1.0.1? 

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events