Scroll PDF Exporter - Special characters not exported

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 19, 2013

Hi,

I have executed the Confluence encoding test and checked the file.encoding in the System information page as suggested by Scroll PDF Exporter's documentation.

Everything should be fine but special Hungarian characters are not exported to PDF headings and body content. The below example shows that the letter "ő" appears in the name of the PDF page but is not exported in the content of the page.

Can you please advise anything? I have uploaded Verdana fonts to the Scroll PDF template I used.

Confluence's PDF Export feature exports the page with these special characters correctly.

Any idea of what I do wrong?

Thank you,

Tibor

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jens Rutschmann _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hi Tibor,

besides uploading the font to the export template, have you also made sure that Verdana is used by adding the respective CSS ?

E.g.

body {
  font-family: "Verdana";
}

Also have a look at this page in our docs: http://www.k15t.com/display/PDF/Using+the+Uploaded+Fonts

Cheers,
Jens

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 19, 2013

Wonderful thank you

0 votes
Dan Mabee August 2, 2013

I've run into the same issue, though we are just using the default font. I want to add the ↵ character. It shows up in the wiki content, but not in the exported pdf.

Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

Hi Dan,

if some characters are not displayed correctly in the exported PDF, you have to upload a font that contains the wanted character. Please have a look at the following page in our documentation: http://k15t.com/display/PDF/What+can+I+do+if+special+characters+are+not+contained+in+the+PDF

Does this information help?

Cheers,
Nils

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events