Scriptrunner capability question

NAW October 30, 2015

I want to use script runner to create an automated query that can update fields to help me create a report. There are 4 custom fields contained within an issue:

1)      “Proposed Completion Date”

2)      “Workflow Status”

3)      “Delivery Status” (Red, Green, Yellow)

4)      “Capability Area”

I want to know if the tool is able to:

1)      Use If-else formula to automatically update “Delivery Status” based on “Workflow Status”, “Proposed Completion Date”, and Current Date.

1. Ex: If “Workflow Status” =! “Complete” AND “Proposed Completion Date” > Current Date, then “Delivery Status” = “RED”
  2. If this can be an automated daily script

2)      Then based on the updated status, gather results in a table on JIRA, using logic so that for a Capability Area to be Green, all Issues must be Green; for a Capability Area to be Red, if at least 1 Issue is Red, etc.:

Capability Area

Delivery Status

AAA

Red

Kindly let me know, thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2015

1) Yes, but I wouldn't be as clumsy or slow as a daily script.  If you write it into a listener, you can detect any event where an issue may have been changed, check the fields and recalculate the value immediately.

Or you could dump the field completely and replace it with a "scripted field" that automatically displays the right value.  (Note that your field could, in theory, be changed by the users.  A scripted field would not allow that)

2) Not directly.  This is a report, rather than an issue function, so you'll need to provide the reporting structure for that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events