I want to use script runner to create an automated query that can update fields to help me create a report. There are 4 custom fields contained within an issue:
1) “Proposed Completion Date”
2) “Workflow Status”
3) “Delivery Status” (Red, Green, Yellow)
4) “Capability Area”
I want to know if the tool is able to:
1) Use If-else formula to automatically update “Delivery Status” based on “Workflow Status”, “Proposed Completion Date”, and Current Date.
2) Then based on the updated status, gather results in a table on JIRA, using logic so that for a Capability Area to be Green, all Issues must be Green; for a Capability Area to be Red, if at least 1 Issue is Red, etc.:
Kindly let me know, thank you!
1) Yes, but I wouldn't be as clumsy or slow as a daily script. If you write it into a listener, you can detect any event where an issue may have been changed, check the fields and recalculate the value immediately.
Or you could dump the field completely and replace it with a "scripted field" that automatically displays the right value. (Note that your field could, in theory, be changed by the users. A scripted field would not allow that)
2) Not directly. This is a report, rather than an issue function, so you'll need to provide the reporting structure for that.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Atlas Camp is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain from the 6th -7th of September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs