Scriptrunner - Restrict file size

Former user November 7, 2017

Hello,

I just read the introduction of Adaptavist Scriptrunner and was asking whether the Pre-Receive hook for file size restrictions really checks the format of the file, i.e. binary or text. 

That would be really great if it blocks binary file of 5MB but not a textfile of 5MB.

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 22.11.19.png

1 answer

1 vote
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

You can do this using pathsMatch in the condition for the "Restrict file size" hook as explained here. Unfortunately you have to list out all the binary file extensions you wish to block.

If you want to block all binary files you can use the "custom pre-receive hook" also listed here.

Hope this helps.

Former user November 14, 2017

Thanks for the reply. Decision by file extension is not really helpful because then I have to know by definition either the allowed binary file extensions or the allowed text file extensions. The custom pre-receive hook sounds interesting also because I'm interested in many examples as possible writing such scripts.

In my case I decided to do it in a local pre-commit hook by checking the 1st 4096 bytes of any staged file for deviations to the allowed ascii characters.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events