Scriptrunner - How to make custom script hook visible as an item

Former user November 5, 2017

Hello,

I'm just a admin for a Bitbucket/JIRA project and I miss the option to use custom script hooks in the scriptrunner BitBucket plugin. I don't have access to the administration of BitBucket. What needs to be done to make this custom script hook visible as an item in this view. 

image.png  

1 answer

2 votes
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Unfortunately this option is not available to repository or project level admins. This is because of security issues around non-admins writing custom scripts, which is explained here.

With that being said we're going to be working on a feature to allow admins to write a custom script and then the project or repo admin can enable it. Please see SRBITB-233 for further details of this and to keep an eye out for when it will be released.

Former user November 7, 2017

Thanks for your reply. Now, I understand why it is not supported. I didn't know that killing the BitBucket instance would be possible by scripting.

In my situation the system admins don't have the knowledge of writing such scripts. And if I provide a ready to go script to the system admins it's not visible to me whether it has been activated for my repository or not. The simplest solution I would already agree is to show the Custom Hook script read-only to the repository owners in the same view where I can also edit my condition based hooks.

Jason Anderson November 8, 2017

Nice, just stumbled on this answer, that's great news!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events