Scriptrunner Behaviours - Pick from JIRA issues not working

Deswik IT July 27, 2016

Hi,

I have followed this walk through https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.1.3.16/jira/behaviours-conversions.html#_walkthrough_pick_from_jira_issues in order to set up an issue picker field, changing the field name (1) and JQL (2) as appropriate.

Whenever I try use the field (enter text or hit the drop down button) I get a 'The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation' browser error.

I have tuned on logging in behavious and noticed the following lines when the error occurs

2016-07-28 19:32:39,919 http-bio-443-exec-1611 ERROR daves 1172x552329x6 1ytpnxo 172.20.188.5 /rest/scriptrunner-jira/latest/issue/picker [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: No signature of method: com.sun.proxy.$Proxy472.parseQuery() is applicable for argument types: (com.atlassian.jira.user.DelegatingApplicationUser, java.lang.String) values: [daves(daves), issue = JTD-6]
Possible solutions: parseQuery(com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User, java.lang.String)
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.sun.proxy.$Proxy472.parseQuery() is applicable for argument types: (com.atlassian.jira.user.DelegatingApplicationUser, java.lang.String) values: [daves(daves), issue = JTD-6]
Possible solutions: parseQuery(com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User, java.lang.String)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.unwrap(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:58)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaClassSite.call(PojoMetaClassSite.java:49)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:113)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:133)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.rest.jira.LuceneSearchIssuePickerSearchProviderWithSort.getRequest(LuceneSearchIssuePickerSearchProviderWithSort.groovy:43)
	at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.search.AbstractIssuePickerSearchProvider.getResults(AbstractIssuePickerSearchProvider.java:71)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.rest.jira.IssuePickerEndpoint.picker(IssuePickerEndpoint.groovy:72)  <+2> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)  <+19> (DispatchProviderHelper.java:234) (DispatchProviderHelper.java:100) (DefaultMethodInvocation.java:61) (ExpandInterceptor.java:38)

Not sure where to go from here - any help appreciated

Thanks

Dave

1 answer

1 vote
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

Hi David,

This is a known issue, we filed a bug report for it SRJIRA-2015, are you able to see it ? If yes could you please add  yourself in watchers to be notified when get fixed ?

regards

Thanos

Deswik IT July 28, 2016

Thanks very much Thanos - i'm now watching that issue.
Is this a recent change? Reason I ask is because I haven't deviated from the tutorial but noticed that no one else seemed to be reporting any issues with it in the comments.
Cheers
Dave

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

Hi David,

Is a relative new feature and also the majority of people do not ask SR related questions in the documentation comment section but in AA (as you did smile)

regards

Thanos

Deswik IT July 28, 2016

Thanks Thanos!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2016

Just to add - the testing was mostly done on JIRA 7 - this only affects JIRA 6.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2016

Hi David, 

I sent the wrong bug link - your bug is different that the one descriptbed in the linked issue, I updated to point in the right one.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

regards,

Thanos

Deswik IT August 25, 2016

Thanks Thanos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events