ScriptRunnner Bitbucket Permissions

Chas Berndt September 19, 2018

We're recently started using Scriptrunner for Bitbucket for admin and global tasks but some other teams want to take advantage of this addon for their own workflows within repos.

It seems that the dev lead who's trying to use this can't. Basically, when they try to add an event to add tasks to a PR, they basically just get a forever spinning wheel on the script validator. If they click add, they're returned back to the events page with no new event added.

I used scriptrunner to mimic this user (and another user) and saw the same thing, so I tried using the script console to just run 'true' and got the error "client must be authenticated as an administrator to access this resource."

Do users need to be Stash admins to configure built-in scripts?Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 12.41.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-19 at 12.57.14 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ląd Maciej - PZU October 1, 2018

After my tests ScriptRunner user must have admin level permission on Bitbucket instance.

Repo admin or Project admin is not a resolution a problem.

Part of post by Nick Brought: "No, there's no way to do this.  It would not really be of any use, as someone who can write and run a script could easily write one to do admin actions without ever being an admin!"

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/ScriptRunner-permissions/qaq-p/802142

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events