ScriptRunner permissions

Stephen Testino May 22, 2018

Hi,

I have a user eager to use the ScriptRunner plugin, but I'm not keen on giving them `jira-administrator` access to do so. It is possible to give them access to the ScriptRunner UI without giving them `jira-administrator`?

Best,

Stephen Testino

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2018

No, there's no way to do this.  It would not really be of any use, as someone who can write and run a script could easily write one to do admin actions without ever being an admin!

What I said in the link @Adrián Plaza [DEISER] posted still stands - You do not want to let most users have admin on script-runner.  Only people who understand JIRA and how you use it well should be allowed to configure it.

However the last bit has changed a little - it is now possible for an admin to add "web fragments" that link to Scripts, so an end user can trigger scripts (still totally controlled by the admin of course)

Stephen Testino May 24, 2018

Thanks for your explanation Nic, I've marked this as the answer.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

One minor update - the SR team are adding more layers of delegation as part of a re-vamp!

Asta Adamonytė February 15, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

"However the last bit has changed a little - it is now possible for an admin to add "web fragments" that link to Scripts, so an end user can trigger scripts (still totally controlled by the admin of course)"

Maybe you could comment a bit more, any updates about possibility to have "web fragments?

Deepak_Murthy March 5, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

What does the Script Edit Permission do? Is this a new addition supported for only Jira 8?

I ask because the document (https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/settings.html) states that the edit permissions can be changed beyond just Jira-Admins. I cannot find this setting on Jira 7.3.3 + Script Runner.

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2019

Web-fragments is a coding term for a set of functions you can use in Scriptrunner to amend the UI - see https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/CustomisingUI.html

Yes, the script edit permission is about delegating the script editing rights down to people who are not full admins.

1 vote
Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2018

Hi @Stephen Testino,

You can find similar information here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/permissions-for-scriptrunner/qaq-p/245866

But I think that @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- can help with this.

Cheers,

Adrián.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events