ScriptRunner - Set Limitation on default Clone

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2018

Hello Community,

Happy New Years to everyone!

I am currently attempting to set some limitations to cloning.

In Jira when I clone an issue (not through a custom script, but simply using the default Jira Clone button) I want the cloned issue to have a certain amount of information from the parent but not all.

Through a custom Listener I am able to delete these fields once an issue is updated/created/moved/etc, but for somereason I cant do it when an issue is cloned.

The "event" I am listening for is "All Issue Events".
Would anyone know what event is triggered when an issue is cloned so that I can run my code based on that?

I only want my code to run once, that is when the issue is initially cloned.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Roberto

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2018

Hello,

There is no Issue Cloned event. Cloning issue means creating a new issue with prefilled fields. That is why you have to listen for the Issue Created event but you can not distinguished between a created issue and a cloned issue.

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2018

Hi @Alexey Matveev,

Thank you for bringing that up.

I realized that what was wrong wasnt the use of the events but rather my condition.

I ended up realizing that an issue is cloned when it has an outward link of LinkType "Cloners".

I wrote some Groovy code to check if the issue created had such a link (since issues that arent cloned and are created wont have this link). If that condition passed then I did all my evaluation.

Thank you for your answer!

-Roberto

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events