ScriptRunner - Set Limitation on default Clone

Hello Community,

Happy New Years to everyone!

I am currently attempting to set some limitations to cloning.

In Jira when I clone an issue (not through a custom script, but simply using the default Jira Clone button) I want the cloned issue to have a certain amount of information from the parent but not all.

Through a custom Listener I am able to delete these fields once an issue is updated/created/moved/etc, but for somereason I cant do it when an issue is cloned.

The "event" I am listening for is "All Issue Events".
Would anyone know what event is triggered when an issue is cloned so that I can run my code based on that?

I only want my code to run once, that is when the issue is initially cloned.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Roberto

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 02, 2018

Hello,

There is no Issue Cloned event. Cloning issue means creating a new issue with prefilled fields. That is why you have to listen for the Issue Created event but you can not distinguished between a created issue and a cloned issue.

Hi @Alexey Matveev,

Thank you for bringing that up.

I realized that what was wrong wasnt the use of the events but rather my condition.

I ended up realizing that an issue is cloned when it has an outward link of LinkType "Cloners".

I wrote some Groovy code to check if the issue created had such a link (since issues that arent cloned and are created wont have this link). If that condition passed then I did all my evaluation.

Thank you for your answer!

-Roberto

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

718 views 4 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you