ScriptRunner Postfunction custom email script not executing

Rich Scire September 15, 2015

I added a post-function script to a transition that doesn't seem to be firing. I tried very simple fields to make sure the coding wasn't the problem (of course, it might still be the coding). Here are the fields:

Condition: return true

Email template: Postfunction body

Subject template: Postfunction subject

To addresses: my email address

All other fields are either blank of have the default values.

This function is #1 in the function list (should it be in a different position?)

The result: When I select the workflow action that executes the transition, no email is sent. I check the email queue and nothing has been entered there.

System Info:

Jira version: 6.3.15

ScriptRunner version: 3.1.3

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

As Jozef said. You can change the condition code to:

log.warn ("I'm firing!")
return true

and look for that message in the logs. Maybe you haven't published your draft workflow or something.

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

Go to administration section Logging & Profiling and add DEBUG level for package com.onresolve​. You will see in atlassian-jira.log what's going on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events