ScriptRunner - How to grab the ID of an option

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Hello Community,

I am trying to figure out how to grab the ID of an option from a select list.

I am able to grab the textual value from the field but now I want to map out what is the ID for that specific textual value.

Below is my current code that allows me to grab the textual value:

// Get the issue
/*MutableIssue currentIssue = getIssueContext() as MutableIssue

//Get the custcom Field
def custom_field = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Country Priority");

// Get the Config for the field
def fieldConfig = custom_field.getRelevantConfig(currentIssue)

// Find the option to set, grab the value in country priority
def value = ComponentAccessor.optionsManager.getOptions(fieldConfig)?.find { it.toString() == "Priority 1"}

In the above code I grab the customfield, grab the options and filter out on the specific one I want. This for somereason returns me "Priority 1". What I need it to return is the ID/Value of Priorty 1, which happens to be 11322.

Does anyone know who I can fetch that value?

Thank you!

-Roberto

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Try this:

ComponentAccessor.optionsManager.getOptions(fieldConfig)?.find{ it.getValue() == "Priority 1"}.getOptionId()
Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2018

@Ivan Tovbin

This worked perfectly!

Thank you!

-Roberto

Rajaravikiran S September 30, 2020

How to get OptionId for child in cascading dropdown

2 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

If you want to get the optionID of the option that is already set in the CustomField you can use:

getCustomFieldValue(customfieldObject).getClass().name

Get the class and use https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.6.1/com/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/option/Option.html to get ID

or

epic.getCustomFieldValue(cfTeam)?.optionId

If you want to set the customfield, use

def value = ComponentAccessor.optionsManager.getOptions(fieldConfig)?.find { it.toString() == "Priority 1"}

issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, value)

Why do you need the ID?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events