ScriptRunner Error - "ambiguous method overloading"

WP Service Account August 13, 2015

Running ScriptRunner 3.1.4 & JIRA 6.4.7  and getting the following error in the logs -

2015-08-13 12:05:00,594 http-bio-8080-exec-53 WARN anonymous 725x1276218x1 - 10.176.20.19,127.0.0.1 /secure/RapidBoard.jspa [com.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException - Ambiguous method overloading for method com.sun.proxy.$Proxy7#hasPermission.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [class java.lang.Integer, class com.atlassian.jira.project.ProjectImpl, null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[int, interface com.atlassian.jira.project.Project, interface com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User]
[int, interface com.atlassian.jira.project.Project, interface com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser]'.

6 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

Yes, it definitely is. AFAIK all of these have been fixed in the last few months, although I am open to be persuaded otherwise. Could you try a recent version?

0 votes
Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

just an FYI, I have a very similar log and i believe it is related to anonymous as I see it the most after a JIRA restart.

ERROR anonymous 407x7768x4 14c9b8h 217.78.109.162,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours/1.0/behaviours/runvalidator.json [onresolve.jira.groovy.Behaviour] Error
groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.actor.UserRoleActorFactory$UserRoleActor#contains.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[interface com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User]
[interface com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser]

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2015

I think it's happening when no user is logged in... is your jira open for anonymous access? The problem is likely to be in projectMatch, versionMatch or componentMatch. I suspect I have fixed this and will be released in 4.0, but would be good if you were able to reproduce it yourself.

0 votes
WP Service Account August 20, 2015

This isn't just happeninig in reference to boards. No mention of "RapidBoard" in this one - 2015-08-20 11:32:03,039 http-bio-8080-exec-5 WARN anonymous 692x245090x1 - 10.176.19.137,127.0.0.1 /projects/NBQ [com.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException - Ambiguous method overloading for method com.sun.proxy.$Proxy7#hasPermission. Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [class java.lang.Integer, class com.atlassian.jira.project.ProjectImpl, null] due to overlapping prototypes between: [int, interface com.atlassian.jira.project.Project, interface com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User] [int, interface com.atlassian.jira.project.Project, interface com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser]'. @Jamie Echlin (Adaptavist) - are you able to assist any further?

0 votes
WP Service Account August 18, 2015

I dont see how I can identify the boards/queries from the logs - 2015-08-19 07:43:04,192 http-bio-8080-exec-22 WARN anonymous 463x38317x1 u7sdtf 10.168.41.132,127.0.0.1 /secure/RapidBoard.jspa [com.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException - Ambiguous method overloading for method com.sun.proxy.$Proxy7#hasPermission. groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.actor.UserRoleActorFactory$UserRoleActor#contains.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2015

Can you see which JQL queries the board is running? Ie look at the board query, and quick filters, that might use an SR-provided JQL function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events