ScriptRunner ClassNotFoundException Error During Workflow

MikeS April 27, 2016

ScriptRunner 3.0.14

JIRA 6.3.14

I wrote a script to query a DB (I've already reviewedhttps://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/misc/connecting-to-databases.html) and when i run it as part of my workflow I get the following error:

2016-04-27 13:15:45,913 http-bio-443-exec-2 WARN j1014151 795x298x1 14we0u0 10.47.4.82 /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [jmwe.plugins.functions.SetFieldValueFunction] Error while executing SetFieldValueFunction: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

However when I run it from the Built In Scripts as an escalation service it finds the Class just fine. Where do I need to drop the sqljdbc4.jar so it is picked up or what setting is needed to be changed so that I can load the class correctly.

import groovy.sql.Sql;
import java.sql.Driver;
def driver = Class.forName('com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver').newInstance() as Driver
def props = new Properties()
props.setProperty("user", "my_user")
props.setProperty("password", "my_pass")
def conn = driver.connect("jdbc:sqlserver://my_server:1433;databaseName=my_db", props)
def sql = new Sql(conn)
def statement =" select foo from bar"
def ced = sql.firstRow(statement);
return ced.foo.toString();

1 answer

2 votes
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2016

You should place the jar file under the "<JIRA installation directory>/lib/" directory of where JIRA is installed.

If you installed the JIRA distribution for Windows, the SQL server driver should already come with it but I assume this is not the case. See link here.

MikeS April 28, 2016

Thanks for the response.  I did put the JAR there but its still not found during workflow execution only.  If I remove it then the escalation service does not run so even though the Jar is distributed its still not being found.  

Jamie Echlin _ScriptRunner - The Adaptavist Group_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2016

does it work in script console?

In the workflow function, is it an inline script or a file?

MikeS April 28, 2016

Thanks for the response, it is an inline script and yes it does work from the console.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2016

Does simply Class.forName('com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver') work as a workflow function?

MikeS April 28, 2016

It does not, i get the same error from the original post.

MikeS April 28, 2016

As another test I switched over to use a jtds connection and again it works perfect from the Script Console but cannot load the class when called via a Workflow.

def driver = Class.forName('net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver').newInstance() as Driver
def props = new Properties()
props.setProperty("user", "my_user")
props.setProperty("password", "my_pass")
def conn = driver.connect("jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://my_server:1433/my_db", props)
def sql = new Sql(conn)

To be more clear, when I am attempting to run it from a workflow I am selecting "Set Field Value to constant or Groovy expression" from the Post Function list.  

Marketplace Partner
April 28, 2016

Can you attach a screenshot of the workflow function config. Often people think they are using a ScriptRunner function, when it fact it's from some other plugin.

MikeS April 29, 2016

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] You were right!  Because it was a scripting post function I made the huge blunder of assuming it was ScriptRunner, it was in fact "JIRA Misc Workflow Extension".  Thank you so much for the help and I'm sorry I wasted your time. 

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2016

No worries, it's not the first time someone has made that mistake sad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events