ScriptRunner (Behaviours) plugin

I am working with scriptrunner/behaviours for several years now, using several server side scripts for the behaviours.

I upgraded the Scriptrunner plugin to v 3.1.4 (JIRA 6.3.12) , and since then I have weird problems when updating a behaviours server side script (behaviour - Edit Server script - Update). The changes in the script are not considered, It seems JIRA continues to work with the old script.

I made some drastic changes (renamed the method!), and the Update even does not give any errors sad?

I verified the file path is correct (I renamed the file, and effectively, the Update returns an error indicating the file isn't there anymore).

Is there anything else to do ? Any idea ?

Additional info: I stopped and restarted Jira: now the modified script is used. But when I modify the script again (and then go to the behaviours, Edit Server script, Update), these modifications are NOT taken into account sadsad

HOW SHOULD I UPDATE THE SCRIPT without stopping/restarting  JIRA ???

1 answer

One of these two things usually fixes this for me.

1) do a SHIFT-RELOAD on the JIRA issue before proceeding.  This will force a reload and not use any locally cached js.

2) In the old version there was a "clear the script cache " link.. Well i used that so much I had it bookmarked.. while that link is not in the newer scriptrunner, it  still works.

http://<your JIRA URL>/secure/admin/Behaviours.jspa?clearCache=true&atl_token=<YOUR ALT TOKEN>

if you leave the alt token off it will just ask you to confirm who you are before it continues.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,378 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you