ScriptRunner 5.2.1 copy project error

Gabriel MOSCALU November 3, 2017

I saw that ScriptRunner 5.2.1 is able to copy some of the Servicedesk features. So I updated & gave it a try.

I had an error during copy:

Error

No signature of method: com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.rest.sla.DTO.SLAConfigurationDTO.isLeft() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: inspect(), inject(groovy.lang.Closure), inject(java.lang.Object, groovy.lang.Closure), sleep(long), sleep(long, groovy.lang.Closure), isCase(java.lang.Object)

and:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.rest.sla.DTO.SLAConfigurationDTO.isLeft() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: inspect(), inject(groovy.lang.Closure), inject(java.lang.Object, groovy.lang.Closure), sleep(long), sleep(long, groovy.lang.Closure), isCase(java.lang.Object) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.utils.servicedesk.ServiceDeskUtils.createSLAConfigurationDTO(ServiceDeskUtils.groovy:542) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.utils.servicedesk.ServiceDeskUtils$createSLAConfigurationDTO$12.callStatic(Unknown Source) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.utils.servicedesk.ServiceDeskUtils.copySDSLA(ServiceDeskUtils.groovy:505) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.utils.servicedesk.ServiceDeskUtils$copySDSLA$10.call(Unknown Source) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject.copyServiceDeskModules(CopyProject.groovy:692) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject.doCopyProject(CopyProject.groovy:658) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject$doCopyProject$0.callCurrent(Unknown Source) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.CopyProject.doScript(CopyProject.groovy:375)

Options selected:

• Copy versions
  • Copy components
  • Copy Service Desk Request Types
  • Copy queue
  • Copy Service Desk Organizations
  • Copy SLA

Result:

• project was created with proper schemas (as expected, as we were using the script before)
  • Request types were copied
  • Hidden fields with preset values were not copied
  • queues were copied 
  • SLA definitions were not copied
  • Automation rules were not copied (nice to have though)
  • organizations were copied

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

Hi Gabriel, 

Indeed in the latest release we enriched the copy project to be able to copy service desk specific features. 

As Gonchik mentioned could you please report any issues on our Support Portal ? Please mention my name so I can have a look. It will be nice if you could attach your application logs after you reproduced the issue 

Thanks a lot,

Thanos

Gabriel MOSCALU November 7, 2017
Gabriel MOSCALU January 11, 2018

just updating in case someone bumps in on it : 

Thanos Batagiannis09/Nov/17 12:50 PM
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for that. So I managed to reproduce it. Apparently in the ServideDesk version 3.5.0 there is a package with upper case letters com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.rest.sla.DTO (a violation of the java packages naming convention).

In the next versions of service desk this issue is fixed (starting from 3.5.1). How possible is to update Service Desk to the 3.5.1 version ?

Regards,
Thanos

since we cannot easily update , and as per https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-2537 

Thanos Batagiannis added a comment - 18/Dec/17 7:32 PM

Hi Gabriel Moscalu,

After a conversation we had with the team, we decided not to implement a fix for that specific version of Service Desk 3.5.0, since the problem that was causing the failing of the SLA definitions not getting copied, was fixed in the 3.5.1 Service Desk release.

So if you could update the Service Desk version to 3.5.1 that will solve the issue with the SLA definitions.

Regards, Thanos

we'll search for a way to move on :(

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2017

Dear Gabriel,

Could you clean osgi cache? 

1. Stop the JIRA instance
  2. Delete JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins and JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins (just these two)
  3. Restart JIRA

I have checked on my test environments a few functions work so good.

if it is not help, please, ask directly in Adaptavist support system. 

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Gabriel MOSCALU November 7, 2017

Just to provide feedback on status: clearing the cache did not help.

If I copy the template project without SLA area, all is copied okay (including some strange configurations i had in the template).

If I copy with the SLA i get the error; so the SLA section is having some hick-ups here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events