Script runner example - Transition an issue in another project from a post step

Roy Chapman April 24, 2017

We have two projects that are related.  In project A we reference an infrastructure change.  In project B (and C,D,E,F, etc.) we have project specific issues - most, but not all, of which reference the "parent" issue in project A as a value in a custom field.

I want to be able to transition an issue in project A as part of a post step in project B - using the value in the custom field as the project A issue id.

Any existing recipes?

Roy

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2017

What type of field is the parent issue stored in? Is it a text-field? If so is it stored as just the issue key?

There are many ways to transition an issue using the JIRA API. Your best off using IssueService to achieve this. I've found an example here that shows you how to transition an issue using it. You can ignore the part about reindexing.

If you can be more specific about how the issue is stored in the custom field i can provide you with a full example.

Roy Chapman April 26, 2017

Adam,

The parent is stored in a text field.  Thanks for the example, I will have a play with this.

Roy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events