Script runner example - Transition an issue in another project from a post step

We have two projects that are related.  In project A we reference an infrastructure change.  In project B (and C,D,E,F, etc.) we have project specific issues - most, but not all, of which reference the "parent" issue in project A as a value in a custom field.

I want to be able to transition an issue in project A as part of a post step in project B - using the value in the custom field as the project A issue id.

Any existing recipes?

Roy

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

What type of field is the parent issue stored in? Is it a text-field? If so is it stored as just the issue key?

There are many ways to transition an issue using the JIRA API. Your best off using IssueService to achieve this. I've found an example here that shows you how to transition an issue using it. You can ignore the part about reindexing.

If you can be more specific about how the issue is stored in the custom field i can provide you with a full example.

Adam,

The parent is stored in a text field.  Thanks for the example, I will have a play with this.

Roy

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,434 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you