Script runner custom email

Andrew Dickey August 27, 2014

Hi, I have been successfully using below text in the email body and it was working fine in Jira 6.2.7.

It successfully sends out the last comment. however it is not working in Jira 6.3.1 and latest script runner.

<% if (lastComment)
out << "Comment: " << lastComment
%>

In Jira 6.3.1, it sends out something like below and not the actual comment. Can anyone please help me with correct syntax?

Comment: com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentImpl@78174905

Thanks for your help!

Rama

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

Sorry, I think that's a new bug I introduced. It's trivial to fix, will release shortly.

In the meantime you might want to check https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-in%20Scripts#Built-InScripts-CommentsinEmailsto see if you really want lastComment.

Cedric's workaround should work - what is the result when you use that? I don't really recommend using it because it will break again when I release the fix.

Ref: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-507

Thanks Jamie!

I have a requirement to email comment made during a specific transition. If no comment was made during that transition, no comment should be added added to email body.

In script runner version 2.1.17, it works fine when the comment is added during the transition. But looks like if no comment is added then most recent comment is sent out. Any idea how to avoid it?

I tried cedric's workaround but I did not send out any email. I don't see any errors in the log files as well.

Thanks for your help!

0 votes
CEDRIC ZABEL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

Just a guess, but try

out &lt;&lt; "Comment: " &lt;&lt; lastComment.getBody()

Thanks Cedric! But looks like it is not working either

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events