Script runner conditional email

Deleted user January 9, 2013

Hello,

I've currently got a script where when a new attachment is uploaded, it emails reporter, assignee, and watchers.

One thing we've noticed is that if you add the attachment and set security on it (administrators only for example), it will still email the reporter, assingee and watchers even though maybe only the reporter and some watchers are part of said security group.

How would I go about creating a condition where it will only send out an email if there is no issue security on it?

Current script:

Condition:

attachmentManager.getAttachments(issue) && changeItems.any {it.get('field')=='Attachment'}

Email template

: This ticket has one or more new attachments.

New attachments will be attached above. Latest attachment uploaded by $currentUser

Click here to view ticket: ${baseUrl}/browse/$issue.key

To issue fields: assignee reporter watchers

Many thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Probably the best thing is to file an RFE against the script runner project. Probably any recipient without browse permission to the issue should be dropped.

To check for no security add this to your condition:

&& ! issue.securityLevel

IT Support January 10, 2013

Hmmm, doesn't seem to work. We are using comment security in this particular case, rather than issue security.

Would this cover that at all?

I (now) know that JIRA doesn't support attachment security unless you do full issue security, so that's a bit of a bummer, and we've resigned to the fact that it's not an included feature.

Thank you!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Comments, no, that's something different from issue security.

> One thing we've noticed is that if you add the attachment and set security on it (administrators only for example)

Yes, I misunderstood what you were saying here... what you are probably doing is setting comment-level security. This has no bearing on the attachment, even though you may have done it through the same dialog.

IT Support January 10, 2013

Thank you very much!

The previous condition will definitely help in other area, so very useful :)

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events