Script runner addon - sub tasks not being created

I have a task composed of several subtasks that have to be done sequentially. I want to create all of them when a task is created, but I couldn't make the script runner plugin to work. I have added a post function like the image, but it doesn't work. I create the task and no sub task is created. I have checked that the post functions work adding another one which was executed correctly. Is there anything else I have to do?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

That should be fine. If you remove your additional code does it work?

> I have checked that the post functions work adding another one which was executed correctly

Can you explain what this means?

No, it doesn't work by removing the additional code. I have 6 sub tasks that are supposed to be created... I don't know if they are too many. Can that be the problem?

What I mean by that sentence is that I have other post functions in the same transition that are executed correctly. All of them except for the ones related to sub task creation.

Hi again,

I have just realized that in the "create" transition it doesn't work, but in another transition between 2 states it does work. Am I missing something or is this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks

Should work fine on create, just make sure the create sub-task post-functions are last.

I have a problem getting this to work. I set the post function last, but it's still not creating the subtask. Any other tips?

check the logs...?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

125 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you