Script listener fails to execute for jira-users

We are running JIRA Service Desk 2.1 on JIRA 6.3.10, and we have Script Runner 3.0.6. We have a custom script listener that runs when an issue is in the "Inactive" status, and the reporter of the issue makes a comment. The problem that we have seen so far is that the script listener will transit the issue only for people in IT Staff, who are in the "Service Desk Team" role for the service desk. I tried changing the permissions in the transition of the workflow by adding some conditions that anyone can execute that transition, but it had no effect.

Thank you in advance for any advice you might provide!

2014-12-25 12:13:29,165 Thread-6378 ERROR xx 733x29537x1 l50n20 10.64.96.121 /rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/customer/comment [canned.jira.utils.WorkflowUtils] Errors: {}
Error Messages: [It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Resume Work) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (ITHD-XXXX). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.]
2014-12-25 12:13:29,165 Thread-6378 ERROR xx 733x29537x1 l50n20 10.64.XX.XXX/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/customer/comment [canned.jira.utils.WorkflowUtils] Not attmpting transition

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Matthew,

as far as I know, in service desk only agents can change issues' status, only agent can transition issues of a service desk project 

hope that helped

regards

arianna

Hi Arianna, Thank you for your comment! You are absolutely correct, and I brought this up with Atlassian support as well. They thought the same thing and suggested changing the permission scheme for the project. I did, and it worked. You have to grant the transition permission to the role "Service Desk Customers". Hi @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist], Do you know if this will interfere with the permissions in the Service Desk permission scheme in any way? I don't think that it will, but the reason I ask is because the permission for transitioning issues was already granted to "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access". Thanks everyone. Matt

Ok, so it turns out that granting this permission to "Service Desk Customers" DOES interfere with the Service Desk permission scheme. We recently upgraded to 2.2 and Service Desk forced us to revert back to the old permission scheme. Hi @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist], do you know any way to work around this problem? If I can't address it by changing the permissions scheme, then I'm not sure what else I can do. Thanks again for any help in advance. Matt

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

536 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you