Script Runner stops working

Alan Stephenson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

Hello,

We have Script Runner on our instance of JIRA (6.3.8) and the plug-in works great. But, for some reason the script stops working for people and the only way to resolve it is to disable the plug-in and re-enable it.

I haven't discovered a pattern when this occurs, or how I can validate if the plug-in is working before one of my customers call me saying their filter isn't working.

I didn't see this issue with an older version of JIRA. So I am wondering if other people are experiencing it.

The version I am running now is 3.0.7

Thanks in advance!

-Alan

Alan Stephenson

alan.stephenson@disney.com

3 answers

0 votes
Alan Stephenson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

Hi

I just checked and it looks like it is part of the base package. The filter includes something like this:

issueFunction in subtasksOf

Not sure if that helps or not. 

-alan

Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2015

Hi Alan, that definitely helps to understand the problem. Could you please try running that query manually and see if the plugin keeps working fine after its completion? It would be nice if you could also search for errors/exceptions related to Script Runner in the Jira logs.

0 votes
Alan Stephenson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2015

Hi Alejo

the script macro is working fine at this moment. What happens is the entire macro plugin stops working with no warning. A function is being used in a filter and when the filter is called it will so am error. Like it can't locate the function being called. I disable the add on and re-enable it. Filter starts to work again.

-Alan 

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2015

could you please post the function used in that filter?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2015

Hi Alan, When you say the add-on is not working, do you mean that none of the scripts is working? Could you please share which areas of the add-on is that instance using? Post-functions, listeners, JQL functions, ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events