Script Runner - "Rename User ID" built-in script is missing

ITB September 1, 2014

Apparently, the ability to merge users is available via the Script Runner plug in. We have it installed and have used it extensively. It is current (version 3.05). I go to the Built-In scripts page and cannot find the "Rename User ID" script anywhere. Why is this built in script not built in to my Script Runner plugin?

5 answers

1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 15, 2014
Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2017
0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

I suppose, that this functionality was removed in Scriptrunner 3.x, as this is supported in JIRA 6.x out of the box.

Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2014

But the rename is Jira doesnt do it well. It rename the new table app_user but don't rename the user around all other tables in Jira. Which mean if you have tools connecting to the database to look for the username (like cwd_user) it will not get the renamed user by Jira... I liked better the rename of groovy runner Martin Ubisoft

Jason Klapste October 12, 2014

The script also supported merging users-- which Jira does not support out of the box.

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 15, 2014

Same problem here. No external directories.

0 votes
ITB September 2, 2014

I disabled the external directory and the Built-In "Rename User ID" script still isn't showing in the list.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2014

What user authentication system are you using?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2014

From memory, if you've enabled any external directory, it can't rename them via the API.

ITB September 1, 2014

Right now we have internal directory but I am testing out adding Active Directory and merging users.

ITB September 2, 2014

But I still have the internal directory. If I disable the external directory, will I be able to rename? I don't understand that, because all the results from my Google search say to use Script Runner to merge internal directory users with the AD users

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2014

One step at a time - disable the external directory and re-test it. If you can edit names with only the internal directory, then that's where the problem is. If you can't, then it's something else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events