Script Runner - Escalation Service stop working

Igor Freitas Motta March 10, 2014

Hi,

I'm working in a company that uses JIRA 6.0.5.

We are using Script Runner builtin service specifically Escalation Service to run several scripts from time to time.

Recently we have been some problems: some scripts stop running after a period they are created, before they stop running they work fine.

If we execute them manually they also works. The problem is they are not being execute by the escalation service.

Updating the service changing the interval solves the problem, but I'd like to know the reason for this problem, it's a known bug? should I raise a bug for you?

I've searched on internet, unfortunatelly I didn't find anything, I also looked into Jira logs (catalina.out and atlassian-jira.log) but I couldn't find anything related to the escalation service.

(Ps: A few days before the problems occur we made an update in several plugins and a reindex )

4 answers

0 votes
Andreas Haaken December 31, 2014

Same here, there is no EscalationSercive:Job Service defined. What is the right class to set as service then?

0 votes
HOPI holding December 3, 2014

I have the same problem, Escalation Service works only manually. I haven´t this service in services... If I´m trying to add new serviceb"com.onresolve.jira.groovy.canned.admin.EscalationService:job", there is an error message: "Class [com.onresolve.jira.groovy.canned.admin.EscalationService:job] was not found. Ensure that you have typed it correctly and it is in the classpath". Where is the problem? If I checked "Scheduler Details", I see "com.atlassian.sal.jira.scheduling.JiraPluginScheduler" with 6 jobs, one of these jobs is "JiraPluginScheduler:com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.EscalationService:job".

0 votes
Alexei Znamensky March 11, 2014

Hi Jamie,

I work with Igor, and I am checking here:

com.onresolve.jira.groovy.canned.admin.EscalationService:job
com.atlassian.sal.jira.scheduling.JiraPluginSchedulerService
  • pluginJobName: com.onresolve.jira.groovy.canned.admin.EscalationService:job
  • repeatInterval: 60000
  • initiallyFired: true

(In fact, I would be very surprised if anyone had ever changed this configuration in here).

Is there any configuration we can make to generate more logs (if possible, for EscalationServices alone), so we can try to track what's going on?

Cheers

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

Hi there... set: com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.EscalationService to DEBUG, should give more info.

Sven Peters February 24, 2015

I have the same issue and even with debug my query seems not to return any issues. When I run it manually it does work: Per Job / Scheduler: 2015-02-25 13:58:19,002 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.local_Worker-2 DEBUG rest-api [canned.jira.admin.EscalationService] Issues returned by query (project = TTSCA AND status = Resolved AND resolutiondate <= -5m): [] Manual run: 2015-02-25 13:59:54,381 http-bio-9280-exec-10 DEBUG t812916 839x5812x1 zn696p 10.137.133.64 /rest/scriptrunner/latest/canned/com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.EscalationService/previe w [canned.jira.admin.EscalationService] Issues returned by query (project = TTSCA AND status = Resolved AND resolutiondate <= -5m): [TTSCA-266, TTSCA-238] Any idea?!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

what version of the plugin are you using Sven?

Sven Peters February 24, 2015

Sorry Jamie - should have included that: Jira 6.3.10 Script Runner 3.0.10 It seems to pick it up eventually but random times and def later than the normal query. No idea what makes pick it up eventually after a few runs.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2014

I don't know but perhaps this is similar - https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-414, if so maybe you could add your comment to that.

Right now I don't have any ideas... can you go to Services and check there is a service which ends with EscalationService:job, it should be scheduled to run every 1 min.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events