Script Runner Custom Script Listener not updating

I'm getting the following error when trying to add a custom script listener.

Problem loading class: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/JDEMgrCritical.groovy: 47: Invalid duplicate class definition of class JDEMgrCritical : The sources /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/JDEMgrCritical.groovy and file:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/JDEMgrCritical.groovy each contain a class with the name JDEMgrCritical. @ line 47, column 1. public class JDEMgrCritical extends AbstractIssueEventListener { ^ 1 error

1 answer

It looks like the class JDEMgrCritical has been declared twice.

/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/JDEMgrCritical.groovy and file:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/JDEMgrCritical.groovy are the same file and there is only one class declaration in it. I don't know why it's comparing the file on the file system to itself.

Can I ask you from where are you running that file? is it from the Script Console?

Could you also post the code of JDEMgrCritical and share the version of Jira and Script Runner your instance is running?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

306 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you