Screen not updated after changing a calculated field

Wim Veldhuis November 14, 2018

I implemented a calculated field on an epic in Jira Cloud.

However, when the calculation is done and the value is changed, the screen is not updated, and thus keeps on showing the old value.

When I refresh the screen, the value gets updated. Logs show the field gets updated before the screen repaint.

I implemented the calculated field using a listener to the issue-created and  issue-updated events. The event listener is tied to a specific project only.

Anybody an idea how to either force the screen update or fix the issue ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

Hi Wim,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that Jira Cloud and ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud uses the Atlassian connect framework which is Asynchronus and means that the page can load before the script has completed and that you  will need to refresh the page once the script has been completed to see the new value.

This is the design of the asynchronus framework used which means that unfortantely you cannot stop the page from loading the script finishes executing.

You can see more details of the differences between the server and the cloud versions in the documentation page located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,
Kristian

Wim Veldhuis November 19, 2018

I understand that. 

But I also asked if there is a way to force an update. For now I am assuming there is not.

If there is, I would really like to know :)

Regards,

Wim

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

Hi Win,

Thank you for your response

I can confirm that currently there is no way to force and update.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events