Scheduled Issue Type Status upon Creation

Pantelis Zirinis March 15, 2018

I recently installed scheduler pro and so far have been happy with the functionality offered. I am having the following problem though and I cannot find a workaround.

When a new scheduled issue is created its status is open. The status is probably dictated by the scheme of the issue. The problem is that open issues go to our backlog and then we have to manually move them to our TO-DO items, so they appear on our Kanban board.

I checked if such a change can be made when I create a new recurring issue and unfortunately I cannot. New recurring issues will follow the scheme and always be open.

Then I tried to create a new issue type, so I can link it with another scheme that upon creation gives TODO status. When I went to create a new recurring issue I could on select Task and Sub-Task, then new issue type, Recurring Task, was not there.

Any ideas how to solve the above problem.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mariusz Polka March 15, 2018

Dear Pantelis,

First of all thank you for posting the issue as it seems to be very interesting case.
Unfortunately Scheduler Add-on has no influence on status new issue will be created with.
Mechanism of creating new issues is solely based on default Jira behavior.
As you mentioned creating dedicated issue type may solve the problem.
You might have forgotten about adding newly created issue type to appropriate Issue Type Scheme associated with the project you are trying to create new Scheduled Job in.
Here are some pictures which can lead you to the solution of your problem:

issueType1.PNGissueType2.PNGissueType3.PNGissueType4.PNGissueType5.PNG

Pantelis Zirinis March 16, 2018

Thank you very much for your prompt support. I added the issue type and also created another type for sub-tasks, so I get the same behavior.

I can confirm that now all scheduled issues that are of Recurring Type, go straight to TO-DO and not OPEN.

I missed the assignment of the issue type to my project, but now we have a documented way of creating recurring issues with any status.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events