SQL for Confluence Plugin - Questions

Hi - these are questions about the Bob Swift SQL for Confluence Plugin

1. Does this plugin work with Confluence on Demand?
  2. We are looking for a plugin that we can use to embed SQL queries to an external Oracle database within a wiki page. The idea being we can use the wiki page as a dynamic report. If we can build charts and graphs off the results - that would be gravy.
  3. If we're on the right track with this plugin, what are the setup requirements? How do I get to my secure Oracle database on my internal network from a wiki page hosted by Attlassian?

We've yet to find a plugin for Confluence on Demand that does this.

Can you help?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

This plugin is not available for OnDemand and I don't think there are any other plugins for OnDemand on the marketplace that can provide this functionality.

Bhushan's answer is correct, but there are other options to consider.

1. No not currently, but please vote for SQL-243
  2. This is a standard use case for SQL for Confluence , including using the data in charts.
  3. Behind the firewall access would be an issue even with with OnDemand support

However there is an alternative that provides a level of reporting capability that may be sufficient for many purposes. See How to publish SQL queries to OnDemand.

I guess the answer then is until SQL-243 is a product, we're hosed.

What happened to SQL-243.

No longer visible.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

475 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you