Round time in Tempo

Dave Jarvis November 14, 2012

We've installed the time tracker, however we're supposed to log the time to the nearest 1/4 hour (15 minute segments). So if I've worked 17 minutes, I'd like to log it as 15 minutes, without having to change the 17 to 15 manually.

How would you automatically perform such a calculation (i.e., round to nearest interval)?

Thank you!

14 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2012

Hi Dave

This is not possible in current Tempo version

We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better. If you have a feature request, you can create an issue in our Atlassian JIRA https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTMPO.

Other users with similar requests can vote on these issues.

Best Regards

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Dave Jarvis November 22, 2012

Please add the feature request on my behalf. Thank you.

2 votes
Christoph Möller October 29, 2013

+1

We need that, as well (ideally: real time spent in "time spent", rounded time in "time billed"). Would be nice if rounding rules were (to some extent) configurable, like "always round up to next interval". Background: We charge "each 15min that have begun" to compensate for interruption-driven work overhead (service calls, etc.).

On a side note: Having the rounded values available in the time tracking reports (Jira gadgets) would make an excellent service contract contingent overview ("how much of our monthly service budget is used/available?").

1 vote
david.knaisch October 29, 2019

Hello,

Not having specific time down to the second creates a large amount of non-tracked time. We need the ability to add seconds or at the very least choose round up. 

Thank you,

David Knaisch

1 vote
jonah.harrison October 29, 2019

I need to track exact times - I track my team by the minute and loose massive amounts of logged time because of the rounding down.  In some cases a support engineer will open an existing ticket to add a comment that takes 45 seconds and gets no credit.  Aggregated over a month this has a significant distortion of actual time spent logging worked time.  

In all cases we loose time unless we hit at exactly the top of the minute.

Tempo is great but this feature needs to be integrated.

1 vote
John October 5, 2018

What is the status of this feature?

0 votes
webks GmbH July 13, 2020

This is still a very relevant feature request which has not been solved yet. The links above are dead...

0 votes
webksde-tf July 13, 2020

+1

0 votes
Alejandro Etchegoyen January 6, 2020

+1

0 votes
Sigridur Harpa Hannesdottir July 4, 2019

Hi, I am unable to open the link you put in @[deleted]

What is the status of this? Will we have this feature in future Tempo versions? or maybe it is already available? Not finding it though so I would love some info on how to do this.

Best regards

Sigga Harpa

0 votes
cathline June 1, 2018

+1

0 votes
Francis Gagnon April 14, 2017

+1

0 votes
jzschau August 14, 2014

+1

This would be a very useful feature.

0 votes
Sjur Bjørndalsæter May 1, 2013

+1

My company also needs this feature!

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012
webks GmbH July 13, 2020

Error 404!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events