Rolling Story Changesets up to Epics

Is it possible for TFS Changesets and TFS File History to rolling up to parent issues?

For example, Epic A has Story 1 & 2. Checking in changes against Story 1 and Story 2 show the changesets in those Stories, but looking at their parent Epic, it comes in as blank.

Understanding the commits rolled up to a parent is highly valuable. Any thoughts on if this is possible now or future availability?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Rick, I'm not sure if you got any of my previous responses.

Long story short - it's not implemented in UseTFS for Epics. We could look into that in near future. For full explanation see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/pigsty-usetfs/T5B9qK_IvjA/_aVqC8NTcfYJ

Thanks. The roll-up from sub-tasks to stories worked well, which is nice. I can see the challenge with how Epics are implemented with soft-links.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

173 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you