Role Based Tracking... Am I able to see, via api, the type of work that is associated with a work log

Ben Myhre April 21, 2016

So I have this set up so there is a QA and Software Engineer item in the log work that users can log time to.

Am I able to tie that custom field to a log work in the api in any way?

I see the api from the documentation (/rest/adweb/2/timetracking/NUMBER-3) and it shows the estimation. I see the JIRA API for the tasks and log works (rest/api/latest/issue/NUMBER-3).... but I am not seeing a place where the type of work can be seen, or correlated, in either.

What I really want to do is to be able to tie each log to a type of work and be able to programmatically access that data. I can SEE it on the front end, but I want that data.

1 answer

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2016

Hi Ben, You can use {context path}/rest/adweb/2/logworkCF/{IssueKey} and {context path}/rest/adweb/2/logworkCF/project/{ProjectKey} REST GET services to get role based worklog data and using the PUT service {context path}/rest/adweb/2/logworkCF/worklogImport, you can add/edit role based worklogs, where the JSON data to be provided will be in the same format as you get from the GET service.

These REST services are available in the following versions and higher :

• For JIRA 6.0+ that is version 1.3.1
  • For JIRA 7.0+ that is version 1.7.1

Hope this helps.

jbartlett86 October 19, 2017

Hi,

Is there any plan (if it is even possible) to embed the Role information within the standard worklog JSON content, both from the JIRA REST API's and the Webhook Post Body (on the various webhookEvents that send worklog data)?

As it currently standard I am now going to have to do 2 additional API calls to understand what Role a worklog was created for;

1) Pull back WorkLog entries via  {context path}/rest/adweb/2/logworkCF/{IssueKey} to give me access to the RoleId on the matching worklog (using workLogId)

2) Pull back the role by id via {context path}/rest/api/2/role/{roleId}

Thanks,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events