Restricted pages lose their restriction in pdf-export using Scroll PDF Exporter.

Filip Callewaert February 6, 2013

You have pages and subpages. Suppose, I restrict subpages to myself (nobody else can see these).

Starting from the parent page, someby else (who has the user rights for this parent page) can export to pdf using this add-on. Selecting to include the child pages, the restricted pages will be visible to the person who normally cannot see these pages! So these restricted pages will be included in the pdf-export...

This is a serious problem.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Hi Filip,

In general Scroll PDF Exporter respects page restrictions. The only scenario I can imagine in which this issue occurs is when the person executing the export has "Export Space" permissions.

If a person has "Export Space" permission (s)he is allowed to export all content even the restricted one. This is exactly the same way Confluence itself handles the permission when exporting for example parts of the space to xml.

If you want Scroll PDF Exporter to ignore those restricted pages make sure that the user only has "Export Page" permission.

For Scroll * Exporters 3.0 the permission handling will be changed to only consider "View" permissions for export (this is one change introduced in Confluence 5.0).

Hope this solves your issue - if not just contact the K15t Support Team (support@k15t.com)

Cheers,
Tobias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events