Restrict Herzum plugin to 1 project only

Stefan de Pagter November 20, 2015

Hi Antonella,

We would like to restrict the Plugin to only 1 project? At the moment all persons can see this template, not sure if you need to be an admin to see it. However we have many admins so it is confusing.

I understood this can be configured in the "Define Approval Administration" tab but this is the only tab that is timing out when clicking on it.

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Stefan

Join Lync Meeting

4 answers

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2015

Hi Stefano,

Please, review my answers below.

The page times out, probably because in the system there are a lot of projects (it takes minutes to load). Connecting straight to Tomcat and bypassing Apache I can get the page.

We have investigated this performance issue by creating 20k projects on a Staging environment having Oracle Database and the screen was loaded in less then 30sec.

Anyway we have registered that performance decrease depending by the number of projects.

The reason stays on the checks introduced on the select lists, evaluating, for each project/issue type, the associated workflow, so that, if it is the jira (Read-only System Workflow),

the project and/or the issue type are not available on the select lists.

We plan to move these checks on the actions (Save and Add Permissions) in order to avoid any performance’s issue.

Add-on v.3.3 (due date 16, December) will fix the problem.

We have two projects were we would like to use the addon: RFC and RFCT.

However when I open the Define Approval page, I can only see RFC in the list of existing projects, RFCT is not there. I cannot find it neither in the "Selected Projects" list above or in the "Project" select list below in the "Permission settings" section. What could cause this?

Please, have a check on the Worklow/s associated to RFCT' s issue type/s.

The issue types associated to the jira (Read-only System Workflow) are not admissible for any Approval Mapping or Define Approval setting. I all RFCT issue types have been associated to the the jira (Read-only System Workflow), it is expected that the Project is not available on the select lists.

Consider that the jira (Read-only System Workflow) is not editable, so, the Approval Conditions cannot be added to this Workflow.

You can fix the problem by creating a copy of the jira (Read-only System Workflow) and associating it to the RFCT Issue type/s.

A question about this option: if we restrict it to only two projects, the "Define Approvals" button would appear only for these two?

Correct.

Also, the addon automatically adds the condition to every transition or every workflow. Restricting the addon only to two projects would prevent the addon to change every workflow as well?

No.

Best Regards,

Antonella

0 votes
Stefano Luperto November 24, 2015

Hi Antonella,

I can step in for Stefan and provide some information.

The page times out, probably because in the system there are a lot of projects (it takes minutes to load). Connecting straight to Tomcat and bypassing Apache I can get the page. However we have still a problem.

We have two projects were we would like to use the addon: RFC and RFCT.

However when I open the Define Approval page, I can only see RFC in the list of existing projects, RFCT is not there. I cannot find it neither in the "Selected Projects" list above or in the "Project" select list below in the "Permission settings" section.

What could cause this?

A question about this option: if we restrict it to only two projects, the "Define Approvals" button would appear only for these two? Also, the addon automatically adds the condition to every transition or every workflow. Restricting the addon only to two projects would prevent the addon to change every workflow as well?

Herzum addon version: 3.0-JIRA-6.0-6.4

JIRA Version: 6.4.9

Database type: Oracle 10g

No error is logged

The first query returns: 0

The other two return and empty result set.

Thank you

0 votes
nitesh datta November 24, 2015

query run  and the following returned - other details to follow

QUERY: SELECT AO_D195E9_CONFIG.CUSTOM_DEFINE_APPROVAL FROM AO_D195E9_CONFIG;

Result:

QUERY:  SELECT * FROM AO_D195E9_APPROVAL_DEFINERS;

Result:

Empty

QUERY: SELECT * FROM DatabaseName.AO_D195E9_APPROVAL_PROJECTS;

Result:

Empty.

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

Hi Stefan,
In order to investigate the issue I need the following information:

• Herzum add-on and JIRA versions
  • Database type (Oracle, MySql, etc)
  • screenshoot of the Define Approval Administration screen displaying the error
  • Error logged on the atlassian-jira.log file when trying to display the screen
  • Rows returned by running the listed queries on your database
    • SELECT DatabaseName.AO_D195E9_CONFIG.CUSTOM_DEFINE_APPROVAL FROM DatabaseName.AO_D195E9_CONFIG;
    • SELECT * FROM DatabaseName.AO_D195E9_APPROVAL_DEFINERS;
    • SELECT * FROM DatabaseName.AO_D195E9_APPROVAL_PROJECTS;

Regards,

Antonella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events