Required Field in Behaviours Plugin

gil November 13, 2012

In previous version of this plugin, I was able to configure it to make a custom dropdown field and the Assignee field a required one. After I upgrade it to latest version, and for use with JIRA 5.1x, it is no longer the case. Specificially:

* For Assignee, if someone chooses 'Automatic" in this field, the field becomes not required. This is not the case in earlier version.

For a custom dropdown field, it is never a required field. So the "None" value can be selected.

2 answers

0 votes
Kramarics György November 13, 2012

Hi Gil!

You can set fields as required in workflows as vaidators too. I was wondering if you need other another option.

Gyuri

gil November 15, 2012

Hi Gyuri - yes, this can be done, but then I have to put it in the Condition for every single status then?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

> For Assignee, if someone chooses 'Automatic" in this field, the field becomes not required. This is not the case in earlier version

I think it should be marked as filled if the selection is Automatic. That was probably a bug in earlier versions that I fixed.

> For a custom dropdown field, it is never a required field. So the "None" value can be selected

I won't be able to check this until later but I'm surprised because I think I have tests for this. Can you post some code...

gil November 15, 2012

Hi Jamie - there's no code on my end. Basically, I have a custom field with some dropdown value. Default is 'None' (system one). Our requirement is someone must choose a value other than None for certain status.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events