Reporting Bugs: Problem with editing a published document

xxx xxx February 26, 2013

Hi Zendesk:

I'd like to report a bug in Ad Hoc Workflows: When I edit a Gliffy diagram directly in a published document (that is, I clicked the edit button directly on top of a Gliffy diagram) without click "Edit" on a Confluence page, the workflow status does not change to "Edit" or "Develop Content", and instead, it still shows "Published." The problem with this is that, if anyone directly edits any part of the page without click "Edit" on the Confluence page, no one would ever know that the document has been revised because the workflow still shows "Published." Could you fix this problem? Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Menno Koens September 17, 2013

Hi,

When I change my gliffy diagram in confluence, the workflow state changes to draft, so that is great.

However, when I change the gliffy diagram the changes are directly viewable for all confluence users, despite the page state is set to draft. The meaning is that the changes are viewable after the page is being published and back online, thus not in the draft state.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks, in advance. Menno

0 votes
Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

I talked to my co-worker, who mentioned that Gliffy saves an attachment when the Gliffy images are updated so it is possible to change the state with an attachment trigger such as:
--
{trigger:attachmentschanged}
{set-state:Draft}
{trigger}
--
Which will set the state to draft anytime any attachment is added, updated, or removed.

Give that a try and let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
Miguel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events