Rename servlet plugin?

enzo onemach June 11, 2012

I have created a servlet plugin module and then I want to change its name. But the atlassian-plugin.xml does not update the class name automaticly.

Manually changing the class name works. But is there some side effect?

2 answers

2 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

Hi,

there are two scenarios

1)you want to rename "Servlet plugin name" go to pom.xml change <artifactId>new servlet plugin name</artifactId>

<name>new name</name>

once you compile in this way you could see change your servlet plugin name.

2) you want to rename the specific class- Make appropreate changes in the class first change class name.

replace entry with new class in the atlassian-plugin.xml.you can see internaly class change but you can-not view it.

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2012

Changing the class name in atlassian-plugin.xml wont update the class name automatically .

I dont think it will cuase any side effect .

I hope you have renamed the class name wherever it was earlier being used.

enzo onemach June 12, 2012

Is there a way to remove a module?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2012

You will have to remove it from the atlassian-plugin.xml . You can also disable it after you install the plugin . What are you trying to do ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events