Remove label from custom field using JCLI?

Shaun Dishman June 4, 2013
Hi there, I have a need to remove a label from a custom field on many issues at once. Essentially I want to do something like this: --action runFromIssueList --filter "MyFilter" --common "--action setFieldValue --field \"MyField\" --values \"LabelToRemove\" --remove" Is there some other way to accomplish this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

No, not if I understand your question correctly. So, you have some sort of multi-value custom field or blank separated field that contains text entries that really represent labels to you? And you want to update the field only removing the specific text.

The current setFieldValue does allow append to add entries or text to existing data. You would need some sort of equivalent remove support. Open an issue.

JCLI-395 was opened and fixed.

0 votes
Shaun Dishman June 4, 2013

Yes, I think you understand correctly. It is a custom field of type "Labels". I will open an issue for it. Thanks for the quick response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events