Regexr during import from Active Directory

Krzysztof Hotiuk September 21, 2017

Hi,

I have a question. I've tried to find out resolution, but can't

In one object type, I would like to add groups from ActiveDirectory. One of fileds is "member", where could be a few person.

In import log files I can see:

CN=Katarzyna Suli,OU=Em Users,OU=Em,DC=wan,DC=em,DC=com;CN=Tomasz Dyl,OU=Em Com Users,OU=Empik,DC=wan,DC=em,DC=com;CN=Katarzyna Fer,OU=Em Users,OU=Em,DC=wan,DC=em,DC=com;CN=Adrianna Ziel,OU=Em Com Users,OU=Em,DC=wan,DC=em,DC=com;CN=Martyna Kap,OU=Em Com Users,OU=Em,DC=wan,DC=em,DC=com;CN=Piotr Kwa,OU=Warszawa Arkadia,OU=Em Salony,OU=Em,DC=wan,DC=empik,DC=com;

When try to use regexr "CN=(.*?),", only first object will be taken.

I will be happy to get all person from this line (stored in CN=)

I've tried use "CN=(.*?),/g" to use this regexp globaly but doesn't work in this case.

Do you have any suggestion?

Regards,
Krzysztof

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2017

Hi Krzysztof,

I would recommend to use https://regexr.com/ to verify that your regex is correct. It's very easy to use, and you can use text to try out there with your provided regex.

If it indeed turns out to be a bug, report that on the Insight Service Desk.

Best Regards
Alexander

Krzysztof Hotiuk September 22, 2017

Hi Alexander,

I've started with this page...

The problem is that in insight, '/g' option for "global" doesn't work.

Regards,

Krzysztof

Krzysztof Hotiuk September 26, 2017

Hi,

Any idea?

Regards,

Krzysztof

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

Hi,

We found that when using regex, only first match will be taken. So this is something that we will fix, and we have an already ongoing bug reported for this in our system. 

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events