Redmine jira import fails a lot

This happens a lot. After selecting a project or two to import from redmine the application sits for a while (5 to 10 mins) then presents custom fields to import then prompts me to login as an admin. Login then a new dialog box pops up and indicates the previous action failed with retry button. Clicking that retry button sends me to the admin page. When works properly it doesn't prompt and goes to the secreen where I can map statuses and other fields to JIRA and etc. I have had success of making it working properly after JIRA reboot but is not consistent. What could be causing this?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Yew Teck En Atlassian Team Dec 23, 2012

seems you mentioned JIRA prompt for admin password after 5 - 10 minutes, you may want to increase the timeout of websudo(the prompt message) as according to this documentation section.

If you're using JIRa 4.4 or above, kindly input the following code in the jira-config.properties(generate if not exist in the root of home directory) and restart after that:

jira.websudo.timeout = 10

If you're using JIRA prior to 4.4, you can edit the jira-application.properties at $jira-install/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes and restart after that.

Yes, that was it. Before I knew you answered this, I found this solution via googling the error message "Administrative Retry". I created jira-config.properties with this property with timeout set to 30 minutes, and viola the problem gone.

You have confirmed what I found.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

459 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you