Reassignment of stories not saved

Daniel Pieper October 23, 2013

Hi,

We are using JIRA 6.1.1, JIRA Agile 6.3.3 and Agile StoryMap 2.1.2.

First of all we had to create the "Epic" Field since Epics are called "Epos" in our version (not sure if this is because of the german language setting or in general).

When I now move into story mode I see the "Epics" and the Stories and can move them around. But when I leave and come back all reassignments are lost.

I get no error message whatsoever.

Is there any hope that this can be fixed? What can I do to make it work?

Thank you very much in advance,

Daniel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

Hi Daniel,

yes, this is a known issue. Only English field names and issue type names can be used.

The data structure will be created after green hopper is installed the first time (by green hopper/ jira agile). This installation must be done with English as system language. After this is done you can change the language to German.

By the way, I am German as well and I would never use the German label 'Epos' for a big user story ;-)

cheers,

Florian

0 votes
Daniel Pieper October 30, 2013

Works now:

• Reinstalled with English language settings (just changing the settings and re-installing Agile didn't work)
  • Reinstalled JIRA Agile
  • Used v 2.1.2 from the vendors website (marketplace still showed 2.1.1 which didn't work for us)
  • Followed installation instructions from vendors website
  • Renamed Epic/Theme and Epic

Thanks for your fast help! The user experience of the install is still HORRIBLE for a 2.x...

Warm Regards,

Daniel

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

Hi Daniel,

Maybe there is a remaining custom field from an old greenhopper version called 'Epic' or 'Epic/Thema' try to delete or rename this fields than the new field epic link will be used (which is in sync with the new gh version).

cheers,

Florian

Daniel Pieper October 23, 2013

Hi Florian,

thank you for replying so fast!

Could it be that there is an I18N problem somewhere? The standard field- and issue names in our (german) version is "Epos" and "Epos-Verknüpfung".

Since I manually created the issue type AND custom field "Epic" the plug-in at least shows up, but doesn't save the changes.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events