Raise message on the UI from custom listener

jgieseler September 22, 2017

Is it possible to show a message ("You are not allowed to do what you've tried" - like) on the user interface from a custom listener?

2 answers

0 votes
jgieseler September 22, 2017

Ok, thank you.

I thought of a new custom field especially for a feedback message that can be updated on the server side as a workaround but that is not a pretty solution for my case.

It would be nice to be able to throw a CustomListenerException("my text") which the standard UI handles automatically as a message like it does on workflow validatiors.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2017

Listeners don't have any access to the UI - they're background things that are usually triggered by user activity, but don't have to be.

Also, they happen *after* user activity.  So you would never be telling a user "you are not allowed", you would be telling them "it failed".

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2017

Still, allowing add-ons (sorry, apps) to send messages to users (in the form of the message box Jira displays in the top right corner of any page) would be super useful. This could be done through a REST API.

I have raised https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-1362 for that.

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events