Quick style button

I would like to suggest a few improvements for Draw.io :

- It would be very usefull to have some more pre-formatted styles that could apply to the selected shapes : usually we want to change both the background color, border style, font size. But it is a lot of clics to do it for multiple shapes.

- Even more, theses pre-formatted styles could be customizable. This would be a huge value for people that like to have corporate styled documents.

- A "copy style" button

1 answer

In the 1.3.1 release there's a global style apply colour option under Format->Style.

In terms of complete customization, that's where we generate revenue. The entire plugin can be fully customized in pretty much any way, there's a plugin system within the plugin. We charge to create and maintain those plugins.

Exactly which styles would you want to be copied? I'm guessing you don't want the shape type copied, for example?

Thanks for your quick answer !

What about the "copy style" button ?

Correct, the shape type, shape size, line type, text shouldn't be copied.

The items to be copied would be :

- Format items (fill color, gradient, shadow, opacity, curved/rounded/dashed, line color, linewidth, line start, line end)

- Text items (font color, background color, border color, font family, font size ...)

There is something similar with format -> style -> edit, but it is not user friendly enough to do the job for an everyday use. (and it changes the shape type also)

Regards

What we'll do is add this as a built-in plugin for you. We're trying to be careful about adding too much to the UI. I'll shout when it's released.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,323 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you