I have a Parent task with issuetype X and subtasks with issue type Y. In parent and subtaks I have plan start and plan end datepicker CF types (specific for the each issue type, i.e., Planned Start X, Planned Start Y, etc).
1) is it possible to synch from JIRA to MSP these date fields?
2) is it possible to synch from MSP to JIRA only if the parent task is in a given status?
3) In JIRA these CFs are not in the edit screen, as its change is controlled through a WKF transition. Can Ceptah handle this restricion regarding MSP to JIRA synch.?
Thanks in advance,
2. Actually I meant the "parent task" to be the JIRA issue. The idea is that I don't want the synch (MSP to JIRA) to update subtasks dates unless its parent issue is in a given status. Can you have a VBA macro to handle this condition?
3. Is there any actual or planned function in the plugin to synch (MSP to JIRA) using a workflow transition?
About 2 and 3, the scenario is that I would like to reschedule subtasks in MSP, since in JIRA is cumbersome when you have dozens of subtasks , the only way is to do it manually one by one. That can be handled easily in MSP. But in JIRA changing dates only can be carried through a transition (in order to control who can change them).
Thanks for your help!
2. You can write a VBA macro that selects tasks whose summary task has a particular status (the field that is mapped to Status has a particular value), but you will need to run it manually outside of Ceptah Bridge.
3. We do not plan to update JIRA through the transition screens any time soon because this would be very hard to harmoniously integrate into the synchronisation process. I'm not even sure if JIRA API exposes all the data that might be required. Can you put the fields onto the Edit screen and allow only the superuser who runs synchronisation to access it?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs