Question regarding estimated & remaining sprint workload

vedran January 16, 2017

Hi,

The estimated and remaining sprint workload reports (accessible via the addons - estimates sprint workload icon on the agile board) are either showing inaccurate data in my case, or they function different than what I would expect.

I assume that the goal of this report is to provide a breakdown of workload (based on the estimates by role field) for each user that has one or more issues assigned to him/her. Does this report only look at the assignees (by role) field and not take into account the assignee field (system field provided by JIRA)? I would appreciate it if you could provide some details.

Thanks,

Vedran

2 answers

0 votes
Bjorn Meldal January 31, 2017

Iam having a lot of problems with this. I cannot find any way to see how tasks have been divided out in hours compared to roles, neither through the addon -> estimates/workload, you mentioned or from the actual reporting function you provide - the problems is that it doesnt take roles into account, only the default assignee, which defeats the whole purpose of having this addon :S

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Hi Bjorn,

It would be great, if you could provide a few more details like the version of JIRA and the plugin you are using.

Also, a few screenshots of the issues you are facing, will be a big help. We will try our best to fix the issue asap.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2017

Hi Vedran,

These two reports work as follows :

They calculate the role based remaining and estimated time based on the issues which are assigned to a user using assignees (by role) CF. (for only the open sprint issues)

However, there is one more column in the report named as "Other". This column will show issue's original or remaining estimates against the user (or against "Unassigned"), for those issues, which don't have any role based estimations and no user's assigned via assignees (by role) CF. Thus in these issues, assignment will be decided on system field.

Note that, system field's assignment will not be considered in those issues for which there are at least one role based estimations and thus they will not come up against any user based on assigned via system assignee, even if the role assignee is empty. Such estimates will then come up for row "Unassigned" against respective roles.

Please let me know, if this is clear. Note that these two reports are just a snapshot, and you can always use role based report tools created by us, to get an extensive and configurable reports.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Neha Sharma March 26, 2019

Hi Abhinav,

Can you explain more deeply - what is the reason behind issues falling under the "Unassigned" category and not under a specific user in the Sprint Workload report. I created an issue, set the assignee(s) by roles values, but the issue shows under the "Unassigned" section. I'm not able to understand the reason behind that.

Thanks,

Neha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events