Question for Confluence : Can we restrict a space search to displays only questions for this space ?

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

In one of our spaces , in the space search we want to only display result of "Questions for Confluence" for this space. 

The space search only displays pages and attach files from the space but it also display all the "Questions for Confluence", even though we only want to see those associated with the space.

Is there a way to do this ? 

2 answers

0 votes
Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2018

Thank you for the information.

I wanted to know if it was possible to have this behavior in the space search so the result of the space search will only be for the space and not the whole Confluence instance.

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2018

Hi Carmen,

Could you please elaborate what you mean by "the space search"?. There are a few different ways to search within Confluence, and I'm not sure which one this is referring to. If possible, a screenshot of the search bar will be helpful.

Thanks!
Zak

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2018

You have the Confluence instance search in th right corner and you have the space search in the left navigation bar for the space. It is normal to see all that you can in your instance search but in the sea ch space , in the left navigation bar , the results should only display the info for the space   

I hope you understand what I mean

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2018

We have Confluence server 6.1.1

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2018

I'm not aware of a space search in the sidebar in Confluence 6.1.1. Here's a screenshot of a space in my 6.1.1 instance:
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 5.25.47 PM.png

It's possible the search bar you're seeing could be from a third-party macro, a sidebar customization, or the application might somehow still be using the Documentation Theme.

• Could you please provide a screenshot of your sidebar?
  • Do you have any customizations applied to your sidebar? (Cog > General Configuration Sidebar, header, and footer)

Knowing how the search is working will help to investigate if the space-specific question search is possible.

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2018

Hi,

I must apologize, we have been using Refine theme for a couple of years now and I haven't realise that the space search seems to be provide by them. I will take the matter to them.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2018

Hi Carmen, I will also move your question so it appears in the Marketplace collection of the forum where RefinedWiki is more likely to see it. :)

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2018

OK, if you think it is best. I already created a support ticket for this at RefinedWiki

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2018

Hi Carmen!

I understand you'd like to search for questions from the Questions for Confluence plugin, and you'd like to search only for questions associated with a certain space.

You can do this with the search functionality within the Questions for Confluence plugin. Try the following steps:

1. Go to the space you'd like to search.
  2. Select Questions in the sidebar.
  3. Enter your search term into the search bar at the top of the page.
    Screen_Shot_2018-07-25_at_1_40_53_PM.png

If the search matches a question in the space, it will show the matching questions. If there are no matches in the space, it will show a message that no results were found, and show you results for all questions.
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 1.43.49 PM.png

I hope this helps!
-Zak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events