Question about upgrading bamboo to version 4.4.0

Jordan Packer February 11, 2013

We are planning on upgrading to Bamboo 4.4 in the near future, but I'm uneasy about one part. A lot of our plans have tasks that rely on plugins (not custom plugins, just ones from the Atlassian Marketplace). I did an upgrade check in the Plugin Manager and it's showing that a lot of those plugins are not supported in the new version. However, when I did a test installation of Bamboo 4.4 on a test server, I saw that pretty much every plugin that we had been using in the old version became a built-in feature in the new version of Bamboo (which is great, I have no complaints there). My one question is this: when I do the upgrade and import all of our plans into the new version, will those tasks that were previously relying on plugins be automatically directed to use the related built-in functionality? Or will they just keep looking for a plugin and break down if they can't find the plugin that it had been using in the old version of Bamboo? I hope all of this makes sense. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2013

Hi Jordan,

I do believe that, as the plugins became built-in features in Bamboo, it should work the same way without any issues.

But my suggestion is: as you have a test instance of Bamboo 4.4, please try the upgrade in this test instance first to make sure that all your plans will work correctly, and if it indeed works fine, you can safely upgrade your production instance.

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events