Question about Confluence SubSpace Plugin

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

I would like to have the Space Navigation (i.e. the menu on the top of the page) to show only some spaces, but no any child space. The idea is that when I create a new space and do not specify it's parent, this space won't show as a new entry in the menu. In other words I woud ike to show only the first level of a space hierachy in the Space Navigation Menu.

Is this somehow possible ?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Communardo Support June 22, 2015

Hello Adolfo,

Thanks for your interest in our add-on.

It is possible to modify the parameters (e.g. "maxDepth=0") of the Subspace plugin menu bar, which is displayed at the top of the page. The exact way depends on the theme you use. If you are using the Confluence standard theme you can modify the behavior of the Subspace menue bar with the following steps:

1. Deactivate the option "Show subspace menu on each page" in the Subspace configuration in the global Confluence administration
2. Navigate to: Confluence global administration => "LOOK AND FEEL" => "Layouts": "Main Layout" => Create custom
3. Add the following code snippet below the line:
#parse("/decorators/includes/common-header.vm") in the textarea:

"$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{subspaces:addlink=true|currentSpace=$spaceKey|maxDepth=0}")" (Without surrounding "...")

BTW: You can specify any configurable parameters (see:https://support.communardo.de/display/cssp/Userguide+Release+2.0#UserguideRelease2.0-Parameters)

If you are using a custom theme please follow these steps:https://support.communardo.de/display/cssp/Userguide+Release+2.0#UserguideRelease2.0-Spacenavigationbar)

I hope this helps to clarify your question.

Kind regards,

Communardo Support

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2015

Thanks, that worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events