Putting a scripted field on a screen

Michelle Barry November 26, 2012

I've created a custom scripted field to display some issue values concatenated into a string.

The field uses the Free Text Searcher and Free Text Field Template.

I can display this as a column in the Issue Navigator but I really want to put it on one or more screens - is that possible?

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

You can't put calculated fields (scripted fields extend calculated fields) on anything except the view screen AFAIK. This is a jira limitation...

There's probably some workaround but right now with this plugin, you can't do it.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2013
0 votes
Kramarics György November 27, 2012

Hi Michelle,

Firs of all my question is why you are decided to allow users editing a calculated field? I think you should calculate the value.

If it's necessary, you can get a user input for example in a workflow screen in a text field (only a basic text field). You can get the content of this custom field (or the value, if it's a calculation) with the "customfield manager" in your code. It's possible to insert the custom filed's value to another field, or you can use it in a workflow transition post function script and calculate something more and isnert it to another field wich is on a screen or anything else. If you let me know more info maybe i could give you useful ideas.

Gyuri

0 votes
Uwe Sauerbrei November 26, 2012

There should be a button: 'Where is my field' (with custom option selected) which checks the status of the field.

0 votes

Have you tried to open 'Configure Fields' (top right of the edit window) and start search for reasons with 'Where is my field?' ?

My custom scripted field is not listed in 'Configure Fields'

0 votes

If you have a custom field you should have a configuration of this field. There you can associate the screens to the field. Thats what I have done with these fields.

-> gg - custom field

-> search for your field name

-> go right , open smal wheel and choose screens

-> mark all screens to be used

Regards, Uwe

I should have said that I have configured it to be on two screens - one Edit screen and a workflow transition screen. When I open those screens the field is not displayed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events