Proper release notes?

motherg September 8, 2013

Hi guys,

Can you please provide proper detailed release notes for the updates? "Bug fix" isn't exactly useful, it'd be good to know what issues are actually being fixed.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2013

This forum is more for the end users, not Atlassian (although many of them lurk here), so we can't really help you.

I'd raise this with them directly, although I'm not exactly sure of the best route - an issue in Jira is the usual way, but I don't see a "Processes" project.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, it's not hard to throw up basic release notes, or even just point at the automated release notes in the issue tracker ( https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/DCON/fixforversion/36822 ) which would at least tell us which bugs they think they've fixed.

motherg September 8, 2013

Aha, cheers Nic.

I knew this was for end users but when you go to the support page for the addon (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-bitbucket-connector-plugin/version/158/support) it takes you to Atlassian Answers so I thought I'd ask it here with the tag they suggested.

Cheers for that link in atlassians JIRA

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2013

Always worth asking!

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

Release notes that say "Bug fix" are like bugs that say "It's broken". Full of mystery but not in a good way

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events