Project specific CustomFields

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2012

Is there a way to create some custom fields available for project admins so that they assign a value to it. And when an issue is created, the custom field will be populated automatically with the values assigned by the project admins. The default value of the custom field is applicable for all projects and so if there is a way for the project admins it would be very helpful for them.

9 answers

2 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012

You can use this plugin which provides a project specific select list.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2012

It supports only for 4.3. Will it work for 4.4.5?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2012

You will have to try and test it for me it worked for 4.4.4 with hsql db . Its a open source plugin so even if it does not work you will have to make it compatible to work with 4.4.5 .

Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2014

Project Specific Select Field plugin might be a solution for your problem. It is available for JIRA 6.0 and higher.

Cheers
Holger

1 vote
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2012

Hi again! You would need to make the project admins members of jira-administrators group. They could then set up project specific contexts for the custom field but you'd have to trust them with the whole jira admin rights. Unfortunately there is no in-between.

Here is the documentation on how to setup per project configuration, you create a new context per project.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-configure

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2014

As Holger has confirmed this fix, I'll now proceed with purchase of the Add-on.

Thanks

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2014

Ah ha, I foudn the Release Note that describes a single bug fix.

I'll assume that this is relevant?

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2014

I just updated the Add-on (2.2.2) and this issue appears to be resolved.

Have you knowingly applied a fix for my the issue I described?

Is there a release note somewhere, please?

Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2014

Yes, I released version 2.2.2. of Project Specific Select Field to fix this problem in JIRA 6.2. See release notes.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2014

It appears that the field is displayed properly, i.e. the user can manage the contents only after he/she has visited the Administration->Projects-><project> section in Jira.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2014

My key point here is that as installed to a JIRA v6.2.7 system, the Add-in is not reliable.

Find attached a view of my established Custom Field named 'Project Specific'

Also attached a view of this field on the project named 'Orca' when I look at this after logging on as a project administrator for Orca.

It may display the filed options on a subsequent re-visit to the Project->Project Specific view but it appears to have an initialisation issue.

I consider  this a serious defect. I'd like to understand if you'd investigate and patch this, please?

John

projectspecific.pngProjectSpecificOrca.png

Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2014

Sorry for running into this problem. This is fixed with version 2.2.2 of Project Specific Select Field. It was a problem with integration of JavaScript code inte browse project pages, which changed for JIRA 6.2 resp. 6.3.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2014

I too have some project specific fields and require to have project administrators' maintain the option set on a per project basis. The Add-on does not work as advertised as only jira-administrators can edit the options set. Further it lacks the standard controls to order the options.

This is frustrating, what are the options available to myself and other admins?

1. Atlassian enhance JIRA to support this feature?

2. Have the Add-on fixed? When?

3. Does anyone know of an alternative outside of home brewed sql scripts?

Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2014

1. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3156. Giving project admins possibilities to edit option values of their project is just part of this feature request. It has over 900 votes, but Atlassian does currently work on this, because they decided to implement other things first. 2. With Project Specific Select Field plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira.plugin.projectspecificselectfield.jpssf project administrators are able to add new option values. They also can disable options. (If add and disable does not work for you, could you please create a bug report at https://bitbucket.org/hski/projectspecificselectfield-public/issues/new? I really much like to solve this, if there is a problem.) I am planning to allow project administrators also to edit and sort option values in the next release. I cannot give a release date, but guess somewhere in January.

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2012

Hi,

this plugin is compatible with 4.3 but it is open-source you can make it compatible with 4.4 or any other version.

Kiron
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2012

Is there any way that I can make it a project specific multi select field?

Kiron
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

I figured it out and made it as a Project Specific Multi Select Custom Field Type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events