Project Import error using Project Configurator Plug-In

Jay Kantaria October 24, 2018

Jira Versions source/desitnation: 7.10.2

Destination is Jira Data Center

Export is smooth,  Simulation is error free but during the import errors out stating following below error.  

Main import trace was clean without any error 

Secondary trace had following error.  I tried several combination but without any luck.

It complains about CTSI-15 which an epic with many stories on it.  Funny thing is it complains about this epic regardless of which project I import/export.

-------------

NFO 21:07:55,013 [Kanban board CTSI (Kanban) with filter dan@@Filter for CTSI (Kanban)] Modifying quick filters
ERROR 21:07:55,019 com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.utils.errorhandling.ServiceResultException: ErrorCollection[errors=[ErrorCollection.ErrorItem[contextId=query,messageKey=No issues have a parent epic with key or name 'CTSI-15',params={}]],reasons=[]]
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.utils.MiscUtils.processServiceOutcome(MiscUtils.java:152)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.jiraobjectfacades.AgileBoardToolsImpl.setQuickFilters(AgileBoardToolsImpl.java:973)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.JSBoardHandler$11.setValue(JSBoardHandler.java:661)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.JSBoardHandler$11.setValue(JSBoardHandler.java:1)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler$4.setValue(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:279)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractSmartPropertySetter.smartSet(AbstractSmartPropertySetter.java:15)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler.processOnepropertyHelper(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:300)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler.processPropertyActionList(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:261)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler.handleSubordinatesAndProperties(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:234)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler$2.doAndReturn(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:188)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler$2.doAndReturn(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:1)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.utils.SmartErrorReporter.wrapSafely(SmartErrorReporter.java:99)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler.modifyTarget(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:184)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractTargetHandler.handleTarget(AbstractTargetHandler.java:104)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.ProjectConfigLoader.loadGlobalCollection(ProjectConfigLoader.java:733)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.ProjectConfigLoader.loadAgileBoards(ProjectConfigLoader.java:475)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.ProjectConfigLoader.loadGlobalObjectsPostProject(ProjectConfigLoader.java:469)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.ProjectConfigLoader.loadOperations(ProjectConfigLoader.java:229)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.ProjectConfigLoader.doLoad(ProjectConfigLoader.java:120)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl.doImport(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:166)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl.access$0(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:149)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl$ConfigImporterTask.call(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:145)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl$ConfigImporterTask.call(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:1)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ImportJobRunner.runJob(ImportJobRunner.java:122)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl.runImportConfigJob(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:121)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl.importConfigurationSynchronously(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:97)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectCompleteImporterImpl.executeNextPhase(ProjectCompleteImporterImpl.java:316)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectCompleteImporterImpl.doCompleteImport(ProjectCompleteImporterImpl.java:195)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectCompleteImporterImpl.access$0(ProjectCompleteImporterImpl.java:188)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectCompleteImporterImpl$CompleteImporterTask.call(ProjectCompleteImporterImpl.java:145)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectCompleteImporterImpl$CompleteImporterTask.call(ProjectCompleteImporterImpl.java:1)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.longrunningtasks.TaskHelperImpl$WrappingTask.call(TaskHelperImpl.java:67)
at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.longrunningtasks.TaskHelperImpl$WrappingTask.call(TaskHelperImpl.java:1)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:458)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:426)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:216)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jay Kantaria October 26, 2018

We had to upgrade the source Portfolio Plug-In to match with destination Jira.

Once this was done there were some custom filed that were already in destination Jira which I had rename or remove.

After that process was smooth.

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2018

Hi Jay,

Thankyou  for your question.

I have reveiwed your stacktrace located above and can confirm that it indicates that the CTSI Kanban board contains a quick filter which references an invalid issue with the key of CTSI-15.

In order to work around this  error you should review the Kanban board  in the source instance and locate the query which contains this reference and either remove it or update it be a valid reference before taking a new export to import from.

Please note that this issue will need to exist in the target instance for the quick filter to be correct when running the import of the configuration.

If the issue does not exist in the target instance that you should remove the reference to it from the board in the source instance and take a new export to import from, and after a succesfull import you can re add the quick filter to the board in the target instance.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it  as accepted so that other users searching for a similar question can see that this is a correct answer.

Regards,

Kristian

Jay Kantaria October 25, 2018

Interesting - all Quick Filters on the Kanban are valid without any issues.  Epic CTSI-15 is valid.  I don't see any issues in the Kanban board with invalid filters.

This is first filter that filters stories with CTSI-15.  I believe it will go to next filter if I remove this.

Also I am getting following error on the Import results to mismatch on Portfolio - 

Data import for project CTSI did NOT complete.

Backup validation info:
ERRORS:
The backup project 'CTSI' requires custom field named 'Parent Link' with full key 'com.atlassian.jpo:jpo-custom-field-parent'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '2.17.1', but in the backup it is at version '2.1.5'.
The backup project 'CTSI' requires custom field named 'Team' with full key 'com.atlassian.teams:rm-teams-custom-field-team'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '2.17.1', but in the backup it is at version '2.1.5'.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2018

Hi Jay,

Please let us know if the original issue was resolved after removing the identified quick filter.

As for your current issue I can  confirm that is caused by the fact  the version of  Jira Portfolio is different between the Source and Target instances and that the built in Jira data import functionality, which Project  Configurator uses to import in the issue data requires the fields to be the same version in both instances.

In order to  workaround  this error you will need to upgrade both instances to use version 2.17.1 of the Jira Portfolio add on and will then need to generate a new export inside of the source instance  to  import from.

Regards,

Kristian

First issue is still present.  I updated quick filter on the CTSI Kanban from CTSI-15 Epic to CTSI-22.   I am having the same issue.  Below error replaced on the above trace I sent.

ERROR 19:54:13,110 com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.utils.errorhandling.ServiceResultException: ErrorCollection[errors=[ErrorCollection.ErrorItem[contextId=query,messageKey=No issues have a parent epic with key or name 'CTSI-22',params={}]],reasons=[]]

Also the Project version issue is there and was there.  Do you think this above is related to Project version mismatch?

Thanks,
Jay

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2018

Hi Jay,

Can you please confirm that both the CTSI-22 and CTSI-21 issues exitst  inside the target issue that you are importing into with the same key.

If the issues do not exist in the target instance then it will cause this error and you should completely remove the quick filter and then import from an export without the quick filter and re add the quick filter back in once the import is successfull on the target instance.

Regards,

Kristian

I am importing entire project config/filters/data.... From instance A to B.

I exported entire project with data from A.

These error occur when I import the zip file into B.

These issues do not exist in the Target Instance (B).  Am I doing something wrong in the import process?

I imported another project that does not have any kanban board issues.  It was without error but no data got imported.  I see all of the issues in the zip file and I am choosing the entire project and data option called "import complete project" .  This resulted in project , dashboards, filters and some users imported but NO data.

export-image.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2018

Hi Jay,

It sounds  as if the reason did not import was due to the fact that a failure was encountered during the data import phase.

So that we are able to advise  further on this  issue can I please ask you to raise a  support request in our support portal here.

When  you file the support request can you please attach all of the import traces that are  being displayed on screen inside of text files, so that we are able to review these and advise on any errors which have caused the data import not  to complete successfully.

Regards,

Kristian

Jay Kantaria October 26, 2018

Thank you.  I have opened the support request @  https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/37/PCSUP-901 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events